Thursday 1 May 2014

Character inspirations

Big Jon - Brick Top (Snatch)
Brick Top was a major inspiration for the title character of my film. I wanted the other characters to fear Brick Top and to do as he says. I showed this through the phone conversation, where Matt Don says 'Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to for a second.' This shows how he has authority, but that other characters are scared of him and do not want to offend him. An example of this in Snatch is shown




 I also wanted to show how Don Jon has complete control over those who work for him. I did this by making the scene where Jon tells a Kyran to get him another newspaper after Kyran brings him back the wrong one. This shows his authority and through the use of authoritative shots such as... we see that he has power over the other characters. Although Big Jon's ruthless attitude is not to the extent of Brick Top's, we can still see that his authority over others, similar to Brick Top.

Matt Don - Don Corleone (The Godfather)
All though Matt Don is not nearly as powerful as Vito Corleone, both are respected and level headed, who are cautious about what they do. We can see this as Matt Don says he 'does not know' about whether he should do the job that Big Jon is offering them. He then says that the job is ;risky' again showing his cautious approach to his field of work.



Sam G - Henry Hill (Goodfellas)
Henry Hill is an ambitious, hot headed gangster, who is willing to take risks. I wanted to recreate this with  I wanted there to be ambition within the duo of Matt Don and Sam G. Sam G's desire to get to top of the criminal scene and his willingness to take risks works well with Matt Don's cautious approach to their 'work.'

No comments:

Post a Comment